RE: yes-no diagrams

Subject: RE: yes-no diagrams
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:24:40 -0800

That's another way we technical writers add value to our products. And it makes us look good too!!!

I had a similar experience. At a former gig, an administrator had gathered a bunch of information about the cost to the copy for transferring data from field office computers to the home office computer using varying methods. He wanted me to show that Method A would save $x million a year over Method B.

The transfer costs differed based on the day of the week, time of day and file size. I took his figures and put them in a table, then applied some simple formulas. He took one look at my chart, and realized that his initial conclusions had been flawed. The report was never written.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com