RE: Transitioning from Consulting/Contracting to Permanent Positions

Subject: RE: Transitioning from Consulting/Contracting to Permanent Positions
From: "J. Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:20:32 -0700

>Have any of you transitioned from a career in
>consulting/contracting with companies on
>communications projects to a permanent position?

Sigh, unfortunately yes...last September.

>If yes, did you encounter very much resistance to the
>fact that you had been a consultant?

Neh. The whole core team if you will were once consultants. We all took a
pay cut and begrudgingly accepted "permanent" employment. The only
resistance I have experienced is dealing with some of the corporate policies
and practices. When I was a consultant, I managed my own time, my own money
and depended on no one but myself, and that was quite nice. Now I depend on
other people to make sure my money is deposited and billing is accurate and
such. I get a little frustrated when things don't go smoothly...at least the
things that I once controlled. I would have preferred to stay a consultant,
but sometimes we don't have that option.

Such is life. All we can do is do our best and hit what's pitched.

justin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com