RE: credit check for interviews

Subject: RE: credit check for interviews
From: JB Foster <jb -dot- foster -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:15:35 -0700

Interestingly, This is also one of the reasons some companies tolerate
workplace fraud. They don't need any attention (especially media) brought
toward existing practices within the company, or a branch offices.

Recently, there has been a few, large, camera-shy, financial institutions
(in the city that I live in) that have had lone employee's scamming
customers out of their money, and then pocketing it for themselves. To show
you the mindset of senior-management in these institutions - none of these
institutions even felt obliged to reimburse their clients of what was taken
by the employees. None of them showed remorse, or even cared about these
incidents. That shows you how little some executives care, about the
going-on's within their company, or what the public's impression is (... as
long as they are making money).

Therefore - people tend to hire those 'personality traits' they like in
themselves! And will defend those same traits, against the world.

Bruce

Mike O. wrote:

<snip>
> Lots of executives, CEOs and even CFOs have corporate track
> records that include financial wreckage, bankruptcy, judgments,
> etc.
>
> If you avoided all companies that had a few botched deals in
> their history, and only worked for companies with a "perfect"
> financial record, you'd soon have nobody left to work for.
<snip>

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com