RE: Calling All Cooks & Design Gurus

Subject: RE: Calling All Cooks & Design Gurus
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:49:34 -0800

Good for you. In culinary circles, pulling out all the ingredients ahead of
time is called "mise en place" and is one of the most fundamental concepts
when training chefs. Without mise en place, even good chefs will struggle in
the kitchen.

Suzanne, who is beginning to wonder about her next career now that finding a
job as a technical writer seems to be the impossible dream.

> Stay away from the "Joy of Cooking" style. It lists the first few
> ingredients you work with, then the steps, then the next few
> ingredients, and more steps and on and on. It drives me crazy. I
> want to see exactly the ingredients needed in one nice, clean list.
> This allows us AR folks to pull out all the ingredients ahead of time,
> plus, it's easier to make a shopping list.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com