Re: Synonym for binary file?

Subject: Re: Synonym for binary file?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:00:05 -0800

text files and application files
-S

At 10:40 AM 2/28/2003 -0500, Robert_Johnson -at- percussion -dot- com wrote:

My company makes a product that manages both plain ASCII text and binary
files (such as graphic files or .pdf files). A significant portion of our
end-user audience is not very computer-savvy, so our marketing people
object to us referring to "binary files" in our end-user documentation.
They have a valid point, but I don't know of any synonyms for "binary
files"...

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com