RE: Any pharmaceutical tech writers out there?

Subject: RE: Any pharmaceutical tech writers out there?
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:32:06 -0800 (PST)

Writing at a pharma company doesn't alwys mean writing
*about* pharmaceutical products. I work for such a
company (I'm not typing that out again!) but in the IT
department. I need to know about 21 CFR Part 11
because I document validated systems. But it hasn't
so far (in a year) required a lot of special medical
or pharma knowledge. In fact, when I interviewed, they
weren't all that concerned about my knowledge of
biology or whatever.

My medical knowledge mainly comes from the fact that
my mother worked for doctors for 20 years, and I
worked my way thru college in a drugstore. My
mother-in-law is an RN and my father-in-law was a
senior hospital lab technician. None of that is, of
course, my own direct experience, but it does have
some impact on my familiarity with concepts and
vocabulary.

I document software, and create SOPs, in use all over
the company--like IT, accounting, and sales or
marketing, more than in research or production areas.
Your previous experience may be enough to at least get
your foot in the door.

Maggie Secara

--- Watson Laughton <WLaughton -at- orphan -dot- com> wrote:

> >>I'm stuck in New Jersey where telecom has dried up
> and pharmaceuticals are
> king.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!