Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents

Subject: Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents
From: "Rick Bishop" <BishopR -at- jcdc -dot- jobcorps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:21:44 -0600

Tom: I've had to build manuals with lots of graphics and lots of pages and have found that MS Word 2002 and XP docs can be created successfully up to 17 MB in file size. However, minor problems began at around 13 MB if you start moving anchors, copying & pasting, TOC, indexing, etc. After many headaches, I've set a 12 MB limit on Word docs.
HTH
Rick

>>> Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com> 03/23/03 07:46PM >>>

Hi all,

I have a quick question for all you Word gurus. I'm using Word 2002, and I have a
file approaching 400 pages and just over 147,000 words in length. Needless to say,
it opens kinda slowly. Not a lot of graphics or tables, but I do have a few. Mostly,
the file is text.

Does anyone have any experience on file sizes in Word. Where would you cut off a
file and go to a second one? Also, if you have any hints on how to link the files
together for maintenance, since Word lacks a reliable 'book' feature, ala
FrameMaker, I would be interested.

I'll post a summary if there is interest in one.

Thanks,

=====
Tom Murrell

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com