Re: Slightly off-topic but, I hope, not unwelcome

Subject: Re: Slightly off-topic but, I hope, not unwelcome
From: "Laura A Mac Lemale" <lmaclemale -at- paychex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:59:37 -0400

Hello,

Lyn wrote (in part):

> "...On the downside, I once worked with an editor who felt the need to re-write
>
> nearly every word (I think they must have gotten a discount on red pens
> bought in bulk..!). Most of the comments were purely stylistic, and many
> contradicted the conventions that had been adopted for the project..." <snip>

Not only does a good editor not contradict existing conventions, but a good
editor can always answer questions about changes made. If you question any
changes, a good editor will have a better answer than "Well, that's how I've
always done it" or "That's how I prefer it," etc. And, further, a good editor
should not have a problem with any questions - a good editor may even anticipate
them.

Regards,
Laura (purposely avoiding the editorial question of "he/she" vs. "they" with
singular verb forms by repeating "a good editor" throughout this post)

Laura MacLemale
Writer
Paychex, Inc.
Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com