Re: Permatemping

Subject: Re: Permatemping
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:54:25 -0700 (PDT)

MS was playing fast and loose with the IRS/SEC regs, and they got
caught. Afterward the rest of the industry was very careful to play by
the rules, which benefited everybody by creating a more honest playing
field (same rules for everybody = 'free market').

What I noticed at the time was that employers were suddenly minding
their legal P's and Q's and were willing to discuss project-based
corp-to-corp contracts with me, instead of trying to drag me into some
permatemping arrangement.

The recruiting industry and IT in general continued to expand all
throughout the MS permatemp suit which was filed in 1992 and reached
initial settlement in 2000.

Being pro-business doesn't mean letting businesses do anything they
please. Free markets depend on a fair and functioning legal system. The
prize of large court settlements provides the little guy with
high-quality access to the legal system that he wouldn't otherwise
have. Events like the permatemp suit are part of the legal system that
keeps free markets free (not that it always works perfectly in the
short term). And last time I checked, Microsoft was still doing OK.

http://search.yahoo.com

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com