Amazing

Subject: Amazing
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:59:50 -0400

I'm installing Acrobat Reader 5.1, and the following appears in a message box.
I wasn't watching the window that was getting ready to install the software,
so maybe I missed something, but surely, I am installing, not uninstalling.
Honestly! What follows is the text from the message box. (I remembered the old
Control-C trick for capturing such text. I'm supposing it's a mistake, but I'm
not completely sure that I want to click Yes, because I *think* I'm
installing, but this little gem is talking about "uninstall". Grrr. I have no
CD.

---------------------------
Question
---------------------------
If you uninstall Acrobat Reader 5.1 and you have Acrobat 4.0 or higher
installed on your system, both Acrobat Reader 5.1 and Acrobat 4.0 and higher
will be uninstalled. You will need to reinstall Acrobat. Please ensure that
you have access to your original Acrobat CD and serial number before
uninstalling Acrobat Reader 5.1.

Do you wish to continue?
---------------------------
Yes No

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com