Re: Amazing

Subject: Re: Amazing
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:39:55 -0700

IIRC, what's happening here is that the newer Acrobat is going to replace the
older one as the "registered" (in the registry, that is, not registered with the
company) version the computer recognizes as "Acrobat," but the installer is
warning you that if you decide later to uninstall the new one your previous
version won't be restored and you will need to reinstall it from the beginning.
Not sure why they'd tell you this about the reader, since the majority of reader
users are probably downloading it and not installing it from a CD. Unless what
they're saying is that uninstalling the reader will bollux up your installation of the
full Acrobat suite as well...(shudder).

Gene Kim-Eng

At 12:59 AM 4/24/2003 -0400, Bonnie Granat wrote:

I'm installing Acrobat Reader 5.1, and the following appears in a message box.
I wasn't watching the window that was getting ready to install the software,
so maybe I missed something, but surely, I am installing, not uninstalling.

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires 4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com