indexers--embedded indexing

Subject: indexers--embedded indexing
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

Am on the periphery of a curious thing.

We use indexers. We are told that nobody does embedded
indexing any more.

True??

That is, we (me, really, I'm on the downstream end of
this and I need embedded index markers for creating
online output) need the markers in the content so the
markers are dynamic (move with the text) and so the
markers can be outputted to online formats (in my case
to WWP from FM7).

By embedded index, I mean we need either the indexer
to insert the FrameMaker index markers or to provide
formatted markers for us to insert.

By not providing an embedded index, the idea is that
the indexers will provide only the finished, manual
index in Word or something.

So, are indexers running away from embedded markers or
is it still possible to get indexers to work with us
in that embedded regard?

Cheers,

Sean

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com