Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:46:45 -0700

From Bill's original message, it doesn't sound as if he
has the flexibility to select a different help authoring tool;
his client wants him to author help in RoboHelp.

If Dick's theory is correct - and I think it is - the client has
specified that RoboHelp be used because its developers
already know the app well enough to be able to fire up the
completed project, make a few small changes and recompile
a new help file. If that is the case, it is likely that any
attempt to get the client to move to another tool will fail
unless it's a tool the developers already know how to use.
The change in authoring tool most likely needs to happen
on the manual creation side, not the help creation side.

Gene Kim-Eng