RE: Potential Client/Need Advise

Subject: RE: Potential Client/Need Advise
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 28 Aug 2003 22:20:57 GMT

A certain amount of pre-sale schmoozing is unavoidable,
as is a certain amount of unproductive pre-sale schmoozing
that doesn't actually result in work. It's the nature
of marketing. Once you have the client's signature on the
contract, you'll find that these sorts of conversations
become much less "sucky" when you're billing the time
devoted to them as "client-requested conferences." Just
be sure the contract is per-hour and not fixed-priced. :)

Gene Kim-Eng