Re: Job Market

Subject: Re: Job Market
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 07:13:00 -0700

I submitted resumes to a number of tech writing
positions in Minnesota, Arizona, Colorado, and Montana. The replies I
got back from AZ, CO, and MT were mostly that they were looking only at
in-state ...

Here is my suggestion: If you really want to move to another area, establish a presense there. Rent a mailbox at the local UPS Store or post office, or use the address of a friend or relative in the area. Then, get a prepaid cellphone with the "correct" area code. When it rings, you know it is a recruiter on the line!

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam