RE: The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: RE: The ultimate in understatement?
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:45:22 -0400

John Posada wrote:

> Not only hard to maintain, but let's be honest...companies
> don't WANT you to
> call. They want you to web.

Of course. The idea is to provide an easily accessible, up-to-date list of
technical issues and their solutions. It's convenient for both the company
and the user, especially when several time zones are in the middle of the
two. As well, a browsing user can find other tips, tricks and hints about
the usage of the product. It's also cost effective, and the cost savings
can be reflected in lower pricing.

On the other hand, not every issue can or should be approached in that
fashion. We do answer our phones and email. Our tech support people are
located where they can get information as quickly as possible--right next to
the engineers. They can (and do) provide customer feedback directly to
Marketing and Product Development. I value their advice, and I consider it
essential to have them review the user documentation.

Cheers ... Kim
kim.roper at pixelink.com
http://www.pixelink.com/

"The manuals don't write themselves, y'know. If they did, they'd be
automatics."