Re: Job Trends (was: India)

Subject: Re: Job Trends (was: India)
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:50:34 -0500

Offense taken. I do this quite regularly, troubleshoot & fix PC's and Mac's, give instructions for why the cropping isn't working in Quark, etc. It is highly paid and you get to meet interesting people, and when you work predominantly at home and the only interesting people you meet are on a list serv, well, there you have it.

Of course, there are the hideous people, who I won't talk to even though the billable is huge, I stick my UNIXy husband with them. He's a programmer, I figure he needs to work on his people skills anyway. <big nasty grin>

Michele

Goober Writer wrote:

No offense to anyone who might find that type of work
rewarding, but I would either kill myself or go on
some kind of homicidal rampage if I had to teach
newbies how to use Word.

I don't think our profession will go in the crapper,
unless you consider our profession a static "we do X"
profession.

I see myself as a solutions provider. If you're a good
communicator, you are a good problem solver. With a
little tech knowledge, you can become invaluable.