RE: Prolegomenon vs. Preface

Subject: RE: Prolegomenon vs. Preface
From: <Daniel_Hall -at- trendmicro -dot- com>
To: <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:39:10 -0700

The Prolegomenon of Techwr-lid, (literally: "Book of Dead Writers") is not, as is popularly believed, a grimoire, or sorcerer's spell-book. It was conceived as a style guide, and hence "a book of things now dead and gone". An alternative derivation of the word Prolegomenon gives as its meaning "the book of the customs of the dead", but again this is consistent with the book's original conception as a writer's handbook, not as a work of necromancy.

:-)

Dan