Re: Single-sourcing DIDN'T work for me just now?

Subject: Re: Single-sourcing DIDN'T work for me just now?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:56:45 -0700 (PDT)

Personally, I think David K. and Goober dood ought to
approach the STC about writing an Intercom article on
single sourcing.

I agree, the Intercom STC (and sometimes graphics)
articles are kinda weak ....

--- David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com> wrote:

> > I virtually never disagree with Geoff Hart, but
> the July-August issue
> > of Intercom included an article titled "Do-It
> Yourself Single
> > Sourcing," and I cannot think of a more
> unfortunate place to turn for
> > good, reliable information about single sourcing.

Agreed. It was an interesting read, and the tech
writer in question had done a lot of really cool work,
but his initial premise was as bogus as a three-dollar
bill . . . so the reasons for the project came off as
sorta wasteful. (Still, kudos for an interesting
project and a good read, even if I didn't buy in.)

> As
> Goober kindly pointed out to me off-list, Geoff was
> not referring to
> Intercom, but rather to Technical Communication.

Cheers,

Sean

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com