Ethical dilemma

Subject: Ethical dilemma
From: Annette <annetteg4 -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:59:30 -0400

Hello all.

I have a ethical dilemma.

I work for an IT department and am one of two technical writers. I have
worked with the other TW for over a year now, and considered her a friend
(as opposed to just a coworker) since we had many things in common. I
have been with the company for six years, she has been there nine years.
Both of us get 160 hours of sick time and 120 hours (three weeks) of
vacation for the year.

In the middle of June 2003 (when the other TW was out sick for almost an
entire week), I happened to find out that she charged her time as if she
were in the office (i.e., she didn't use the sick time charge number but
our regular work time charge number). Since then, I have been paying
attention to when she is out and how she is charging her time. Since
June 12, 2003, she has been out 112 hours and charged that time to our
regular charge number (and that number doesn't count the times she was
out and charged the time correctly).

So, the question is do I tell management what's going on?

Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
Annette

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com