Re: Writer's insurance question

Subject: Re: Writer's insurance question
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:09:44 -0500

Rachel Hutchinson wrote:
> I work for a small publisher and received the following question:
>
> On a related matter, are you familiar with any sources for
> Professional
>
> Liability insurance to cover authors/publishers such as myself?
Like
> many of my peers, I've been going without it because it's been
> cost-prohibitive. However, after State Farm tried to cancel my
basic
> business insurance (fire, theft, loss, injury to persons on my
> property, etc.) because of the "subject matter of my publications,"
> I'm
>
> rethinking the professional liability (errors and omissions) end of
> it.
>
> Can anyone help?

What's the "subject matter" of your publications, Rachel?
Speaking of insurance, I just got an e-mail from the STC telling me
that I can purchase health insurance and other insurance products as
part of an STC group. Too bad I live in a state that isn't covered by
the company. Nice going, STC.

Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com