Re: What i want to say, the next post...

Subject: Re: What i want to say, the next post...
From: Tom Galloway <tyg -at- panix -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:51:39 -0500 (EST)

>One thing does have me curious though: I wonder why "large company (fortune
>500) experience" is considered an important requirement.

Well, I once didn't get an offer from a large company because of that. The
scenario was that another company made me an offer, and this company, among
others, who'd been interviewing me had to make up their mind quickly. I was
told (and believed; I'd gone through three interview rounds) that everyone
thought I could do the work, but there was some level of concern that I'd
never worked for a company of more than 1500 employees and so they didn't
know if I'd fit into a more bureaucratic environment with a geographicly
scattered employee base and a larger team of writers. If I'd not forced them
to make a quick yes/no decision, it's possible I would've ended up getting
an offer, but this was a writing group that considered experience in equivalent
size/style companies to be significant.

tyg tyg -at- panix -dot- com