Re: WORD 2002 with sp2 --issue with formatting/styles

Subject: Re: WORD 2002 with sp2 --issue with formatting/styles
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:27:32 -0500

Lucero, Peggy A. NMIMC Contractor writes:

Today I had to add info to the Main Headings 1 and 3 and now all of the
other heading info is screwed up / out of correct numbering sequence!

Sounds to me as though the headings were created with Word's autonumbering feature and that you updated the doc with Word's tracking feature on. Don't use autonumbering. Use instead LISTNUM or, as I think someone else mentioned recently, SEQ.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3