RE: MS Word--Formatting text in cross reference fields

Subject: RE: MS Word--Formatting text in cross reference fields
From: Wendy_Secrist -at- selinc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:08:00 -0700

I apologize to the list for posting the same question twice; I thought the
first one didn't post.

Thanks for the tips.

I tried applying the bold with a character style, and the cross-references
still insert as bold. Perhaps it has something to do with how I created
the caption, which I'll describe below (this is Word 2000, by the way):

1. Insert > Caption
2. Apply a paragraph style to the whole caption, which changes the font
from bold Times Roman to regular Arial.
3. I apply a new character style to the Figure xx part, which is set to
apply only the bold property.
4. I insert a cross-reference to the caption (Insert > Cross reference).
The cross-reference text is bold.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy