RE: HTML content into WORD Document

Subject: RE: HTML content into WORD Document
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:54:13 -0500

Hi Peggy,

Here's my usual procedure. Since these are my notes for myself, they may be
*too* concise for you -- let me know which steps need further explanation.
Much of this can be macro'd, if you need to do it more than a few times:

1. Open Web page in IE.
2. Save Web page as "Web Page, complete" in local folder.
3. Open locally saved Web page in Word.
4. Delete unnecessary rows and columns (repeat as necessary using F4).
5. Convert tables to text (repeat as necessary using F4).
6. Edit as needed.
7. Restore needed tables.
8. Set all table rows to deny row breaks across pages.
9. Set table heading rows to repeat.
10. Toggle through fields with F11:
· Graphics to keep: CTRL+SHIFT+F9
· Graphics to delete: DELETE
· Text to unlink: Right-click|Hyperlink|Remove
11. Replace double paragraph breaks.
12. Save as Word document.
13. Delete locally saved Web page.
14. Open Word document to verify successful conversion.

Dan Goldstein