Contacts at Symanted?

Subject: Contacts at Symanted?
From: Guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:37:42 -0800

Does anyone out there have the e-mail address of a
REAL
LIVE
PERSON
at Symantec that I can contact?

I have been a happy user of Norton AntiVirus 2001 for some while.

My annual subscription was expiring and I renewed by web, using a credit card.

They sent me a subsription key to use to get the renewal I paid for.

When I go to install it, following their directions, I go through LiveUpdate. Eventuall, it tells me, with respect to the virus definitions:

LU1844: Coupled Groups aborted with no abort Text

I have tried to navigate through the thicket of support pages, to no avail.

The key was, reportedly, good for two weeks, which have now expired.

This is on my home system, and during their telephone support hours, I am at work where things have been riduculously busy.

I am, in fact, a former employee of Symantec in Cupertino, but in a division that is no longer part of the company. I no longer know anyone there who I could call to get advice or complain.

Anybody got a clue for me?

Thanks!

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com