RE: Re: Seeking critiques on updated Web site

Subject: RE: Re: Seeking critiques on updated Web site
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 18:27:21 GMT

This where "marketing" comes into play. You certainly
want your potential clients to see you as educated,
intelligent and "smarter than they are" in certain areas
(otherwise, why would they hire you?), but not to perceive
you as smacking them in the face with your superior
knowledge or using it to suggest that you are in any way
better than they are (even if it seems obvious to you that
you are). I can't say that I really know how to do this,
so I usually concentrate on telling people what I've done
for others and what I could do for them and not spend a lot
of time on the education/intelligence/smarts thing.

Gene Kim-Eng