Re: MS Word Headers/Footers Default

Subject: Re: MS Word Headers/Footers Default
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:15:32 -0700

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

This can't be done in MS Word, and hasn't been possible since
WFW2.0. You used to be able to view and edit headers and
footers in the same view as body text, but MS had to remove the ability to do that because someone else had patented the feature and (of course) they wouldn't pay to license it.

Are you sure? My useage of MS Word may be involantary, but it goes back to version 2.0, and I don't recall ever being able to edit headers and footers directly.

However, even if I'm wrong, MS Word couldn't have changed the function because of a patent restriction. I can think of at least four or five word processors that have direct editing of headers and footers. The feature is far too widespread to be patentable

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
604.421.717 http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com