Distiller Issue Resolved

Subject: Distiller Issue Resolved
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:39:18 -0500

A couple of days ago I asked for assistance with a Distiller issue where I kept getting a "General Parser Error".

The problem is resolved and I thought I'd share what it was (besides me just being blind)...

I was testing an international version of our software and had to change my regional settings to German, including umeric separators - where you use periods as thousands separator and commas as decimal points.

In other words, 25,000.00 becomes 25.000,00

Distiller (the US English version) went to open "Standard.joboptions" However, the system, because of the changed region, was telling Distiller to open "Standard,joboptions"

After re-installing Distiller several times (suffering from reinstall-hziemers), cleaning the registry file, etc. and coming within minutes to re-imaging my machine, a simple and quick reversal to the US region (including the separators) solved the problem.

In case it ever happens to you.....

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 (o)
Technical Writer | 866.741.2677 (f)
Datalogics, inc. | www.datalogics.com

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com