Distiller 6.0 Question

Subject: Distiller 6.0 Question
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:48:04 -0500

Folks,

All of a sudden, when I launch Distiller 6.0, the message window says "general parser failer: Error in _____.joboptions" It lists every single set of job options that I have. If I try to open a settings file, I get the message "cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\....."

It originally started with Acrobat 5.0 the other day, so I took the opportunity to uninstall 5.0 and install Acrobat 6.0 Professional. After the initial uninstallation, I removed any residual Acrobat 5.0 files, ensured that the PDF Writer from 5 was not on my system, etc.

When I installed 6, Distiller started giving me the same errors. The job option files are installed as "read only", therefore I changed that attribute. Still no luck. While PS files seem to distill OK, I really need to be able to adjust the settings.

Here's the relevant configuration information:

Win 2k
Acrobat 6.0 Professional
524 MB RAM
40 GB hard drive (with 5 GB used)
Zodiac sign is Scorpio
I sit under flourescent lights
I like to drink wine

Any ideas? I've stumped everyone here, and I can't find anything in the Adobe documentation or their online forums.

Thanks

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 (o)
Technical Writer | 866.741.2677 (f)
Datalogics, inc. | www.datalogics.com

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com