Re: MSWORD -> PDF Error Messages

Subject: Re: MSWORD -> PDF Error Messages
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:00:10 -0400

Thomas -dot- Burke -at- bbc -dot- co -dot- uk wrote:

illiciting the same response from me!

Ah, there's the problem. "The program has performed an illegal action." ;-)

Then, as it just seems that I am going to get a pdf the whole thing hangs
on me (from the details it seems it just completed 'converting text boxes
to article threads' (of which I believe there are none)) and I have to
"End Task" and kill Word.

So, help please, any advice (except the most intelligent one..."Don't use
word") would make me a shiny happy person again.

In your Acrobat menu (menu bar, not the toolbar button), select Change Conversion Settings. On the dialog you will see a number of tabs with a lot of choices you can make. Go to the Bookmarks tab and deselect one or more levels of heading, starting at the bottom. Go to the Office tab and deselect one or more options that seem to be giving you the most trouble. This is a bit of trial-and-error, and you have to write down what you turned off, the reason being that any selections you make are persistent until you change them again, and you may not want to deslect so many things for all documents, as you're just trying to get through this one at the moment. You can restore the original selections when you're done.

HTH,

Dick

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com