Re: Using Punctuation in and out of Quotes

Subject: Re: Using Punctuation in and out of Quotes
From: written_by -at- juno -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:28:16 -0600

> And most American readers, at least those who notice such
> things, will think your punctuation looks wrong if it?s different from
what
> they?re used to seeing.

The problem is, I have seen it done both ways. I prefer to place the
punctuation inside the quotes, so there. Advocates of both ways are being
agreed with and disagreed with here today, so I'll leave it up to what
the MS Word grammar checker has to say about it.

MS knows best, after all. F2 'Clippy' has yet to steer me wrong (smiley)

-- Bob
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Now includes pop-up blocker!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com