Samples Query

Subject: Samples Query
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:05:55 -0500

Hello all,

Last year I created a calendar called Minnesota's Finest. I digitally altered the women, and I designed it, then made a Flash website for my client. I've shown this is a sample of my graphic design because it is a really well done calendar, sold a lot in Barnes & Noble, etc.

Well, lo and behold TWO people this week disqualified me for having it as a link on my website. The men at Firm A called it a "girlie" magazine and said that since I have bad judgment to have a sample like that on my website then what type of "bad" judgments would I make in the office. The woman at Firm B called it "pornographic." And, obviously, since she thought it was porn, I wouldn't be a good fit.

Both of these positions came through recruiters AND the recruiters had seen this sample prior and did not find it offensive. Both recruiters were woman.

So, what to do? Bury it on my site so deep it will be hard to find? Dump the sample altogether? Argh! I don't know what to do and am feeling frustrated.

For all the Internet to see, it can viewed at: www.krautgrrl.com/mnfinest.php

--
Michele
"'Cuz U had a pocket full of horses Trojan and some of them used

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com