Re: Difficulties with Recruiter

Subject: Re: Difficulties with Recruiter
From: Lisa Wright <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:35:30 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I think this is bad advice for a couple of reasons (and this is just a general note for interested persons, since Michelle is not going to go down this road herself).

If a company gives a posting to multiple recruiters, they don't want to see the same resume from more than one recruiting company. The company will refuse to consider you because they consider you to be rate shopping. And, if the recruiter finds out that you found out about the job through them but then got it via other means, including directly, there could be consequences.

There is much more about this in the archives.

Lisa