Re: OT:Gift for Boss?

Subject: Re: OT:Gift for Boss?
From: mearro -at- msn -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:28:02 -0700

Bryan asks:
> Just curious. What are your thoughts on giving your boss a gift this
> time of year.

I agree with others that it's usually best to give a group gift or
something that could be shared within the office. That way, you avoid the
appearance of any favoritism (or kissing up).

Also, you avoid putting anyone in the position of not having a gift for
you.

That said, I do have a favorite office gift. A few years ago, I was part
of a small doc group. We usually exchanged small gifts like boxes of
chocolate or holiday mugs. For my gift, I went to the local 5 & dime and
filled bags with things that reminded me of childhood - yoyos, flavored
chapstick, bouncing balls, etc. Everyone got the same thing - only the
colors were different. It was a lot of fun playing with the stuff. (And of
course, I got a set for myself!)

- Mary

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com