RE: Documentation and Master Plan

Subject: RE: Documentation and Master Plan
From: "Barb Einarsen" <barb -dot- einarsen -at- navtelcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:05:03 -0500

If you mean that documentation milestones are included as part of the
Release Project Plan, then, sure. Lots of times. It would strike me as
odd if documentation was left off.

This is especially handing when you are doing Risk Management and want
to show dependencies (see, we really can't deliver on time when code
freeze misses its date/reviews are late and so forth).

Here is the philosophy you need to sell to R&D upper management:
documentation (including, and perhaps especially, online help) is as
much a part of the product as the GUI.

If you need any other specifics, feel free to email me.

Barb

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com