Manual Template

Subject: Manual Template
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:25:27 -0600

The latest thread "Generating two different manuals" is leading me to
post another query to the group today. A current project I am working on
just got expanded. I have 64 (current count) areas that originally I was
only going to provide a <What it is> description.

So, I have 1.) An Explanation of the Activity
And I need to add:
2.) The Goal of the Activity
3.) How we run the query or whatever
4.) How to use the data

This is for a hard copy manual, and I see many-a-tree sacrificing
themselves. I am trying to decide whether to make four major sections
and then go over each item and provide a cross-reference to look at one
or more of the other sections -or- to make one section, and for each
item, give the four sets of information and then of course move on to
the next item.

I am thinking that having all the info for the item right there is
beneficial, but wanted to throw it out to the group for another opinion.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone Inc.
Airfone(r) Service for Verizon Wireless
Why wait until you land to take care of business?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com