Fwd: Tech writers as Sales Reps

Subject: Fwd: Tech writers as Sales Reps
From: Anonymous Poster <techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:47:19 -0800 (PST)

This message was forwarded anonymously on request. If
you want the original poster to see your response, you
must reply to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to
this message are automatically discarded. Contact Lisa
lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com with questions.

I read this in a newsletter I subscribe to. I have no
financial interest in any of the involved parties; I
just subscribe to the list b/c I wonder what CEOs
think... <grin> Don't necessarily want anyone else to
think I think about what a CEO thinks...

Any thoughts on the following?

Tech writers as sales reps? Interface Software's
award-winning docs boost brand, revenues, and customer
satisfaction

Ah, the much-maligned tech writers: Who needs 'em
right? Especially now that we've got help files and
electronic docs, user manuals are a superflous(sic)
drain on cash, right?

CRM vendor Interface Software would beg to differ.
This fast-track company - 357 percent revenue growth,
and recently acquired by LexisNexis - puts its
technical writing department at the center of its
customer-focused strategy.

Interfaces uses user manuals to build its brand and
customer satisfaction; the company has better ratings
than competitors hundreds of times larger. They've
even used their docs to help close sales.

In this week's Feature of the Week, Interface gives
away their 14 best-practice secrets for award-winning,
revenue-enhancing docs, along with 7 tips for landing
top-notch tech writers. It starts on our home page.
<http://star.sparklist.com/t/9215/297673/97/0/>

If you're a paid SoftwareCEO Site Member, you can
access single-screen and printable versions of current
and past Features in our Editorial Archives
<http://star.sparklist.com/t/9215/297673/236/0/>.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com