RE: What Would You Have Done?

Subject: RE: What Would You Have Done?
From: Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:13:21 -0800

I've seen situations where management was indeed aware of bad behavior of
personnel but for various reasons consciously took no action. These reasons
included not wanting to disrupt the project team close to deadline, a
perception that the person was more valuable to the company as an employee
than working for a competitor, and fear of retaliation if the person was
fired.

They wrongly believed that not dealing with these situations was less
offensive than taking action. As a consequence, good people got fed up and
left, not to mention that many projects were negatively affected in a number
of ways. Good leadership is lacking in many organizations.