RE: "Email" vs. "E-mail"

Subject: RE: "Email" vs. "E-mail"
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:32:19 -0400

I personally prefer the spelling with the hyphen, because it clarifies
how the word is to be pronounced, but my observation is that the
spelling without the hyphen seems to be the preferred one/ And this
would be in line with normal linguistic drift. Word that start out as
hyphenated tend to involve into compounds words with no hyphen.