Re: References (was: Why discuss certification?)

Subject: Re: References (was: Why discuss certification?)
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:54:26 -0400

On 8/3/05, arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com> wrote:

> Or, similarly, what advice can you (plural) offer someone who spent
> time in a highly fluid environment (e.g., military) where coworkers
> changed regularly and getting in touch with those who worked closely
> with you is darn near impossible?
>
> Arroxane

Arroxane,

I recently joined a networking service called "LinkedIn"
(http://www.linkedin.com) which allows you to partner up with other
people and search their contacts for old colleagues, potential
business partners, etc. The only drawback is that you can only search
through your own network, but my first contact there is a networking
genius who knows literally THOUSANDS of people, so it pays itself
back. :) It's really neat, and right now, it's free, even in the Beta
stage.

Networking and getting references from military resources is tough, so
I make sure to get everyone's contact information and hang on to it,
update it regularly, etc. I know your pain. :)

Martin

--
Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com