Re: Open source CMS tools (was Newsletters)

Subject: Re: Open source CMS tools (was Newsletters)
From: Jenn Wilson <jenn -at- mylar -dot- outflux -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:38:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, David Neeley wrote:

An alternative might be to use one of the content management products
that allow exactly that--only for web-based delivery.

There are many different ones that are free, so cost need not be an
issue. Doing it on the web, too, you save all the production costs and
hassles of printed materials.

Incidentally, while I was researching this very topic for a new intranet a short while back, I found a great site that lets you "demo" various open source web-based content management systems. You can create accounts, publish content, you name it. (They wipe out and reinstall each demo every two hours, I believe.)

The site is here:

http://opensourcecms.com/

It also includes ratings, forums, and so forth. In brief, the site helped me immensely in a pinch... it was easier and faster than downloading and installing these things myself for trials.

Jenn

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com