Are you a high maintenance employee? *grin*

Subject: Are you a high maintenance employee? *grin*
From: Kelley Greenman <writinglists -at- inkworkswell -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:10:36 -0400

http://www.computerworld.com/printthis/2005/0,4814,104462,00.html

I just saw this item in one of my newsletters. I wondered if anyone considered themselves a high maintenance employee? At first blush, it would seem a derogatory term, but as the article points out toward the end, one underlying reason for "high maintenance" employees is something TWers sometimes worry about, to wit:

"Finally, Brooks uses clear communication to help
employees understand where they stand in the company
and where they're going. "High maintenance occurs when
there is no solid career path or when the next level
in a career is not discernably different from the
previous position," says Brooks."

It seems kind of an odd term to apply to employees whose reasons for being so labeled range from 'personality issues' to feeling trapped in a dead end position.

Thoughts?

Kelley

When you need to communicate, Ink Works!
http://www.inkworkswell.com
+1 (727) 942-9255

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com