Re: techwr-l digest: September 22, 2005 - linking help system

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: September 22, 2005 - linking help system
From: wsfn <WSFN -at- rocketmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 05:53:12 -0700 (PDT)

Julie;

I do know exactly what you are talking about and
I can assist you. I'll contact you offline.

To the person who replied rudely - just becuase
you don't understand the question does not mean
the poster was not clear - you simply don't know
what she is looking for, so why answer at all?

Thanks,

Faye Newsham

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Subject: Linking to online help topic
From: "Nelson, Julie " <JOHNST -at- acehardware -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:53:27 -0500

I'm assisting with a "Best Practices" web site
for our retailers. The
site will include links to online help topics
(created in RoboHELP X5).
Right now, when we're linking to the help topic,
we're pointing the link
to the specific help topic & have it coded to
open in a new window.
Someone suggested linking to the topic, but
instead of the topic opening
in a new window, they're wondering if it's
possible to have the entire
online help window open to the specific topic
(Contents/Index/Search in
the left frame & specific help topic in the right

frame). Does anyone
know if this is possible? I'm not sure how to
handle the coding if it
is possible. Let me know if this is confusing or

if I'm not explaining
myself correctly.

Thank you.

Julie Nelson