Re: Linking to online help topic

Subject: Re: Linking to online help topic
From: Char James-Tanny <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:15:20 -0400

Writing to user lists can be so much fun sometimes :-)

Someone offlist asked my opinion on this: if people who thought Bill's
response was rude would have preferred that he not answer at all. I
can't actually answer that...

It's very easy on email lists to forget that there are people behind
the posts. Those people may be thick-skinned or thin-skinned; take
offense easily or not at all; having one of the worst or best days of
the their life.

It can't be reduced to just etiquette. However, if everyone had to
stop and figure out if they might offend someone by a post they were
making, no one would ever post...because it's entirely possible that
every single post offends someone, somewhere.

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
Please send follow-up questions to the list.
Contact me directly with business inquiries or comments.
2004-2005 Microsoft Help MVP ~ MSHelpWiki http://www.mshelpwiki.com
AuthorIT Certified Consultant, Development, and Training
Moderator, HATT and MSHelp2
STC Online Information SIG: Online Help Lead
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com