RE: Tools and Utilities

Subject: RE: Tools and Utilities
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:05:59 -0700

My toolset:
1) Ultraedit - but I feel guilty, as it's Windows-only (and shareware)
2) GVIM - Not powerful, but pretty darn strong, and Vi is everywhere. I
don't use EMACS, not because I don't *like* Emacs, but I'm not from a
UN*X background. I simply happened to learn Vi first.
3) Beyond Compare - Very useful Windows utility for doing diffs of
directories and files.
4) Treesize Pro
5) Awk - Very useful for manipulating file contents
6) Python - Lots of tools that help you do custom checks of HTML
7) Ant - Cross-platform, good for automating tasks

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.