Re: Asking The Billing Rate?

Subject: Re: Asking The Billing Rate?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:03:31 -0700 (PDT)

> > > Tony Markos: According to the Contractor's Handbook
> > > website: An opportunity for the agency to demonstrate
> > > to me that they are moral and ethical. How does that
> > > sound?
> >
> > By extension, not disclosing it is immoral and unethical? I see
> > nothing unethical about not disclosing the information,
> > <snip>
> > John Posada
> > Senior Technical Writer
>
> Yes, it can be. A number of years ago, I was set up on a contract
> where this came into play. I willingly took the job at $35/hour,
> because that was what was pitched to me. And that's what I gave
> the customer, $35/hour performance, no more, no less. I don't
> play superstar on contract jobs, and I don't believe in
> providing what is not being paid for. This is business, not
> charity.

Of the whole post, in my opinion, the last part directly above was
the only unethical part of the whole discussion.

When ya take the job and accepted the rate, ya do the best you can.
That the results turned out a certain way that you are pleased with
does not justify the approach.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than