RE: what do you call your department?

Subject: RE: what do you call your department?
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:13:03 -0600

> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:15:39 -0500
> From: "Tom Johnson" <thj -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>
> Subject: what do you call your department?
> To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>
> What do you call your department? We're in the process of renaming
ours,
> and I'm looking for some good alternatives to "IT Documentation"?
Thanks,

> Tom H. Johnson

Tom,
IMHO, stick with a normal name for your department. At a previous job,
my department was renamed "Knowledge Transfer." Most of us were
embarrassed to say that name out loud because it sounded corny and
pompous. To top it off, for the first year or two after the name came
about, we had to explain that we were the documentation group. Instead
of gaining respect as the people who renamed us hoped we would, we lost
it.

My current group is "Technical Publications" or "TechPubs" for short.
That works for me.

Donna
Donna Jones
Technical Writer II
Zebra Technologies Corp.
Vernon Hills, IL

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archiver%40techwr-l.com