Re: Ergh, RoboHelp is Driving Me Crazy!

Subject: Re: Ergh, RoboHelp is Driving Me Crazy!
From: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "Amy Gale" <amyg -at- grammatech -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:28:13 -0600

Hi all

FWIW, I think Philip answered his own question here.

He said:
All four affected files have one thing in common; the content was
cut-and-pasted from an old MSWord file. Other than that, I have no idea
what could be causing the problem. Why won't the stylesheets override
whatever is hidden in the old Word inline styles, and why is my one
topic being consistently dropped?

The thing is, a linked style sheet will never Ever EVER override *INLINE* formatting. Inline formatting trumps linked style sheets and embedded styles every time.

My guess is that you will need to remove the inline formatting. This is one reason I've always taken the basic approach of always copying from Word and pasting into Notepad first. Then I get pure ASCII text from Notepad to paste into topics. No weird formatting or anything of the sort.

Cheers... Rick :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amy Gale" <amyg -at- grammatech -dot- com>