RE: Converting Word DOCS to PDF (HELP!)

Subject: RE: Converting Word DOCS to PDF (HELP!)
From: "Marci Bethel" <mhbethel -at- rmbeditorial -dot- com>
To: "'Kirk Turner'" <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:11:50 -0700

Kirk Turner <royj -at- alltel -dot- net> wrote: <I'm sure that there is a setting that
will allow links to migrate to the PDF, but I can't find it. All the links
in the PDF now link through the Word source document. So whenever I click a
link in the PDF, Acrobat tries to open the Word Source document in order to
execute the link.>

Hi Kirk,

I'm no expert, but I have created PDFs from Word files and ended up with
active links that worked as I expected them to.
I have three options enabled in the Conversion Settings dialog. (There are
numerous ways to get to that dialog, depending on your system/software
configuration, so I'll leave that to you.)

On the Settings tab, under Application settings, I have checked
- Add bookmarks to Adobe PDF
- Add links to Adobe PDF

On the Word tab, under Word settings, I have checked
- Convert cross-references and tables of contents to links

Depending on what links you're dealing with, one of these may hold the
answer.

If not, perhaps you can provide more detail about your system/software setup
and specifics about the links that aren't working so that some of our
resident tech gurus can point you in the right direction.

Best regards,
Marci

Marci Bethel, Freelance Editor
RMB Editorial Services